The resort was specifically designed with large groups in mind and we have successfully hosted well over a hundred events ranging from picturesque rustic weddings to business meetings to team-building events all the way to ethnic celebrations, annual computer coding weeks and lively Christmas parties. Our spaces are flexible and so are our rental terms; whether you need a conference room for just one day, the reception hall for the long weekend or the whole resort for the week, we can accommodate you. We are located in a beautiful natural setting while still being at a reasonable distance from major centers of Ottawa/Gatineau, Montréal and Toronto. We offer modern – yet rustic – facilities and many of our guests come back to the resort as part of their annual events or for private family getaways.
All of our spaces can be customized, rearranged, decorated and set up to suit your specific needs. They include:
- a reception hall that can accommodate up to 100 people. This space is conveniently located on the ground floor of the resort, just a few steps from parking, making it perfectly suited for your elderly or reduced mobility guests. There’s a large sliding door into the hall to help you bring your equipment or furniture should you need to do so. The hall has direct access to our 22ft x 50ft lake view deck (complete with tables, chairs and BBQ) and to two spacious bathrooms. Modern comfortable accommodations are located upstairs and the lake is just steps away. The reception hall can be converted into a big, yet cozy, living room with couches, electric fireplace, a bar area and a karaoke machine, so perfect for your Christmas celebrations! Turn the hall into a dance floor complete with bar area and DJ space or a dining hall with its adjoining, conveniently-located, fully-equipped commercial kitchen. Corporate clients can transform this space into a large conference room for up to 100 people or a conventions area. We truly have the space to turn your ideas into reality and make your event an absolute success.
- a private, fully closed conference room. The space is conveniently located on the ground floor and has its own private entrance and additional access from the adjoining reception hall/lobby. You will love the rustic touches of this heritage barn with its original restored beams and wood wall. For corporate meetings and brainstorming sessions, the boardroom configuration with its elegant table and 6 chairs, big screen TV and wireless internet can be extended to accommodate up to 10 attendees. In conference room configuration, there is seating space for up to 20 people. The unique architecture and intimate character of this space made it popular as a private wedding chapel; in wintertime, ski groups can turn it into a comfortable ski-tuning area with heated floor.
- a wooden deck on the ground floor, a terrace on the second floor and a rooftop terrace (with hot tub) are available at your convenience. Don’t hesitate to take advantage of these amenities to help make your event a success.
- a big lake-front lawn that can accommodate a large tent. Past guests loved being in nature, right by the lake, yet having modern comforts and protection from elements. We are happy to provide a spacious white tent that comes fully-installed and prepared for your event; prices usually average $1,000 for the worry-free rental. Please contact us for more details.
- a Playroom Loft, just a few steps from the resort. It offers extra space and a lot of flexibility. Turn it into a separate reception space, a playroom (pool table, table hockey, board games, video games) or extra sleeping quarters.
- several rustic cottages nearby. With its spectacular lake view and spacious deck, our Blue Cottage has been widely popular with skiers and is almost always fully booked during the busy winter and summer seasons (we strongly encourage you to book your accommodation in advance). It is ideally located and perfect in all seasons: just minutes from the slopes and right across the street from the lake (with its private docks and access to our boats and water toys). The Blue Cottage offers two independent rental units to suit your needs and budget: the Upper Level and the Lower Level. Naturally, you can rent both units to accommodate your group and guarantee utmost privacy.
Big or small, we are the perfect venue for your event or gathering so take a virtual tour of Resort Lac Ste-Marie and check out some of our popular amenities. You can book your Ottawa-area event venue online or contact us to discuss your specific rental needs. We pride ourselves in offering friendly & personalized customer service as demonstrated by our raving customer reviews on airbnb, Google and Facebook.